Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Done: 2 Christmas Quilts

 It's hard to find fabric with little white dogs so when I spotted
this I just had to have it no matter the cost.
 All this fabric came in one quilt kit [with suggested pattern].  
I kept the block size the same but wanted all the centers
to be little white dogs.  
 Tomorrow I'll be adding this to a Facebook emergency 
auction to help out a westie rescue that is dire need
of money.  Starting bid will be $60 so we'll see
how high it will go.  In these types of auctions the idea is
to start low to encourage folks to bid up.


The fabric for this kit is from the Storybook line which
is [I believe] a reproduction fabric.  
 This was also a kit which I modified making it larger.
The kit suggested all the cream/red blocks be placed
together.  Doing that made such a tiny quilt ... so the
simple addition of the snowflake print makes this a 
usable size for a child.
The back I had fun putting together.  This will be
set aside for the grand daughter of a neighbor.  

Yesterday I finished sewing the bindings on several
other quilts.  You will be seeing them as soon as I 
give them a good pressing. 
 Another jelly roll leaves my stash.
I sorted the colors into groups per the instructions.   
This quilt will whip up quickly once I start on it.  
As crazy as this sounds I like to work on two projects at once.  


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the white dog print. Is the bidding on the Internet? Would like to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the most ambitious sewer and quilter I know

    ReplyDelete