Monday, November 27, 2017

A Little Sewing

 I put the finishing touch on the second quilt that I'll
 be delivering to the new little girls in neighborhood.
 The back.
 Sewing for another little girl - this one is in Texas.
The top was made by cutting out the center design
of what was going to be a holiday pillow.
 Flannel pillowcases because it's winter and because I'm
tired of looking at this on my shelf.
Flannel from the Guilds free table. 
These will go with the girls quilts when I take them over.

From the website:  Five Dollars A Yard 
The first package of Black Friday fabric deals arrived in the
mail.  I didn't go overboard on buying.  Are you surprised?

 10" squares known to a quilter as a Layer Cake.
 Jelly Roll #1
 Jelly Roll #2
Didn't even make it to my fabric stash.  I woke up
this morning and decided to make Daisy {grand daughter
#1} a holiday quilt for her new apartment in New York
City.  While it's on the 'calm' side I have some rather
bright fabric for the backing so I have a 50/50
change she will like one side or the other.
 Close-up of the fabric and blocks.
 For the little girl I'm making AG doll clothing for in Texas.
I was told she likes pink and mermaids.  This fabric covers both.
 Jelly Roll #3
There is only one other fabric order expected which is sorta sad.  
...
On Tuesday I'm doing a little local shopping with Tamera
[who was here for Thanksgiving dinner}.  I plan to drag
my camera along since it's been some time since I
took pictures of St. Michaels. 

1 comment:

  1. That first dress is gorgeous. Of course both quilts are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete