Thursday, November 9, 2017

Flowers & Quilts: My 2 Favorite Things

 I love the splash of color winter pansies give this season.
These happen to be in the pots by the front door.  I put in a variety 
of colors but on the back deck I put in yellow a favorite of Wilson.  
 One thing to keep them blooming is to pull off the
dead flower heads before they go to seed which I do.
This is one of the first quilt patterns I sewed for Outreach.
Chris [the fearless leader of Outreach] just happened to 
re-sent this pattern out in an e-mail a few weeks ago.  This 
actually came at a time when I was searching for a pattern
to make with this fabric.  Now I did take liberties from the
original set of instructions ... like adding a strip between
the row of blocks. 
 Who will get this is yet to be determined.
The Camilla is blooming!  This is the plant that our neighbors 
{who moved away recently {Nancy & Larry} gave to Wilson
when his sister passed away.  It's place is in the bed next to the
driveway that once had the river birch.  Since this did so well there
 I went to Lowe's and found two small Camilla's that
bloom at Christmas.  We had one in Bozman and it was beautiful.  
...
Today on my list of things to do is ...
plant 200 daffodils in the back beds before the weather
turns cold this weekend ... finish Casey's birthday quilt
and get that in the mail ... clean all the stupid silver bells
which is a real pain in the butt ... and maybe if I'm lucky
get the lighted garland hung on the front porch.

2 comments:

  1. The flowers are so pretty. I've always liked pansies. I have no doubt you'll accomplish everything on your to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love camellias. I love them in all colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete