Thursday, November 16, 2017

From The Sewing Room

 Bird block quilt #2 ... an update
The blocks are complete and I managed to sew together
the bottom row.  I'm pleased how festive, wintry and
beautiful this looks.  Next decide on a border fabric.
Close-up of one of the blocks.  These are so simple to make
but a little time consuming.
 I haven't made American Girl doll clothing for so long
I'm actually having fun sewing these.

This is a new skirt pattern I tried.  What I don't like to
do is make tops that match the skirts. 
 Who would believe I ran out of white thread ... 
I would ... because I did!!  I had to stop working on
this dress [and the one below] until I re-stock my thread.
Today is a trip to Salisbury to Home Goods and Hobby Lobby
with a neighbor.  Top of my list [of course] is white thread.
Hopefully when I get back this afternoon I can finish up
the mermaid and sailboat dresses tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you ever sit down, unless it is at your machine. Great job on the bird quilt!!! Love the AG clothing-I did that for my granddaughters for several years, but they are as crazy about the dolls as they once were...still like them, but it isn't the most important thing.
    Have a great afternoon.
    Hugs,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bird blocks are so pretty. So do you buy white thread in bulk? :)

    ReplyDelete