Friday, November 10, 2017

Petites Maisons De Noel Quilt

 Petites Maisons De Noel is the name of this 
collection by Moda Fabrics.
I can finally share this quilt with you because the person I
sent it to received the box yesterday.  That person would be the very
creative blog friend named Ricki Jill.  Ricki made a comment when I
first started this quilt so I asked her if she would like it when done.
She said yes and it's new home is in Birmingham, AL.
When you get time please visit her blog named ...
The Sketchy Reader at ricki-treleaven.com
 This collection of fabric was purchased in a jelly roll.  For
those non-quilters this is simply pre-cut 2-1/2" strips of fabric
 {usually this is made up of the entire line created by the designer}.  
 After completing the quilt I had fabric left over so I did 
two things ... first ... I made tiny prairie points which I
hand sewed tiny green and red buttons onto all the points.  
 The backing fabric for this quilt I found during my last
shopping spree in Lancaster.  It matches beautifully.
 ... the second thing I made with the leftovers was a table runner.
When you pop over to Ricki's blog she loves creating
tablescapes and she loves reading.  I can't wait to see
what she creates around the runner.
 The runner didn't get the points but instead I added 
2-1/2" x 2-1/2" square blocks to the end ... then 
add some small buttons.  
 
Happy Holidays, Ricki Jill!
...
I'm happy to report I accomplished everything on my
'to-do' list yesterday which included finishing Casey's
birthday quilt.  I must admit by the time I made it to my
sewing room at 10:00p.m. my vision was a little blurred but 
I was determined to get this done.  The only thing I didn't do
was press it and take a photo which I will do later today
after my dental appointment.   This appointment is the
next step in the implant process which is to take an
x-ray of the area and discuss when the date of the
implant surgery will be.  I'm still on the fence about having 1 or 2
implants because one of the screws [at the last x-ray]
would end up only a millimeter away from my sinus cavity.
Oh, happy days - NoT!

1 comment:

  1. Another fantastic quilt. I knew you would get everything on your to do list done

    ReplyDelete