Tuesday, January 2, 2018

It's 2018!

 Even though I'm late I'd still like to take the time
to wish everyone a happy 2018.  
 New Year 2011 ~ Derby
There's nothing like a warm blanket straight from the dryer 
on a cold winters day to put a westie right to sleep.
The Eve-Eve party was very nice this year.  We had plenty of
food, appetizers and beverages of all kinds for folks to enjoy.
I think there was approx. 30 people here to celebrate.
 The wine we chose to serve our guests is a favorite ...
Writer's Block [Malbec] made by Jed Steele which is
a California based winery.
SO... 
After the guests left and we were cleaning up I said to Wilson
I don't feel good and need to sit down ...
 and as they say ... the rest is history.
While I felt this is not a full-blown case of flu I felt
yucky enough to stay in bed and do nothing. 
The worse part - the chills!
Not being able to get warm even when the electric blanket
was cranked up to super-high.
At least today I feel 'okay' enough to do this short post and 
go up to my sewing room to tell it ... don't lose faith, I haven't
forgotten you, and I will be back soon.
So I leave you with ...
Keep warm and have a great 2018
Katie

5 comments:

  1. Dear Katie, First of all I love the pics of your fur babies-they are so precious. I'm sorry you got the flu-it's running rampant here in no. Co.
    Many I know have gotten it, just as you described it and some worse. My neighbors have had it for 7-8 days.
    Praying you get better soon.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you also. Sorry to hear you were sick. I hate it when I get the chills like that. Feel better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Katie, Just have to tell yo that hubby and I went to the Wine store yesterday and were able to find Writer's Block-though they didn't call it Malbac, hubby knew it was. He's anxious to try it and even share with friends. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete